MOTD: Christmas in July
As I slowly recoup from surgery, I thought I'd share this past makeup look that didn't make it on to my Instagram or blog yet. I call this look "Christmas in July" even though I did not intentionally set out to create a look that could be just as easily worn in December!
I decided that after wearing mostly warm eye makeup looks this summer (as one does,) I wanted to try something a bit different with a cool-toned halo eye. Perhaps the best thing about being vampire-pale is that it does make me able to pull off a lot of different shades on both my eyes and lips. Since I have a lot of pink and red undertones to my skin, the key is really making sure I wear a foundation that evens me out (for this look, I stuck to one of my absolute faves, particularly for the summer when non-longwear makeup tends to melt right off our faces - Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation in Shade 100) - but from there, I have a lot of fun being adventurous!
Check out the full look below:
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Luminizer Primer
- Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation in Shade 100
- Benefit Hoola Lite Matte Bronzer
- NYX Baked Blush in Wanderlust
- Ofra x NikkieTutorials Everglow Highlighter
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- Too Faced Natural Love Eyeshadow Palette (Spotlight & Honey Butter blended all over crease, with Makeup & Chill in inner & outer corners and bottom lash line)
- Makeup Forever Star Lit Powder in 013 (Center lid)
- Tom Ford Eye Definer Pen in Deeper
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara in Super Black
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Black
- Benefit Ka-BROW! Cream-Gel Eyebrow Color in 03 Medium